Last Updated: 11/24/2014
By accessing and/or using this website, you (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any entity or person on whose behalf you are acting) explicitly agree to the privacy statement set out below and agree that you fully understand it. If you do not agree, or are not comfortable, with any aspect of this privacy statement, your only option and remedy is to immediately discontinue use of this website.
We fully respect your right to privacy and are committed to protecting it. Any personal information which you submit via the website will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and this privacy statement.
“Personal Information” we may collect is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit or debit card number
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- when you request, to connect you with vendors who will provide you with information about products and services.
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- to send you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- to personalize your experience on the Site by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you. .
- to allow you to send messages to a friend through the Site. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- if you purchase a product or service from us, to complete and fulfil your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as contact information verification, payment processing, order fulfilment, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- if you request information from vendors so that they can provide you with information about their products and services. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR VENDORS’ USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- if you choose to download a white paper, eBook, or other resource, to our clients, partners and current and future sponsors of that resource. If you do not want to be contacted by these third parties, please do not download, view or otherwise access the white papers, eBooks and other resources.
- to third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, including third parties who may provide similar services as the original service about which you requested more information.
- to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
“Non-Personal Information” we may collect is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information from you, including your computer type, screen resolution, OS version, and Internet browser. We also aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who reside in a particular country.
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
- improve your experience on our website
- understand your usage of our site
- help identify you and maintain your signed-in status or to measure the effectiveness of e-mail communications.
THIRD PARTY SITES
THIRD PARTY VENDORS
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing appropriate physical, organisational and technical measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This privacy statement and all issues regarding this site are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Irish law. You agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Ireland, and wave any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us and our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by following the instructions to unsubscribe contained within the email.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us at as further explained in “How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information” below and requesting that we suppress all of your Personal Information on a going-forward basis. Please note that if you opt-out of such sharing, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use, on a going-forward basis, of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by contacting us at and provide the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address so that we may identify you in the opt-out process. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.